Join Greta and a heart family collective of special guests for this opportunity to deepen your yoga practice and learn the essential skills to become a great teacher. This 200-hour training is founded in the style of Rasa Yoga and is registered with Yoga Alliance. The course provides a comprehensive foundation in the art and practice of teaching soulful and skillful vinyasa yoga, drawing from a wealth of knowledge and fundamental tools necessary to develop the heart, gifts and unique voice of each teacher. Rasa Yoga aims to guide you on the path of your own Dharma (Divine Life Purpose) with essential teaching skills, sacred wisdom and practical tools to support you on and off the mat.
What is Rasa Yoga?
Rasa Yoga is a revolutionary style of yoga that dives deeply into powerful studies that combine both the logical mind with intuitive flow, the scientific with the mystical traditions, and the conscious with the subconscious to unlock the creative energy of you. The style is a fusion of creative vinyasa flow, sacred alignment, myth, mantra, mudra, meditation, and ritual. Inspired by a deep desire to grow, Rasa Yoga is modern day yoga infused with technique, spirit and sacred intention.
Rasa Yoga was founded by internationally-celebrated teacher Sianna Sherman as a platform for transformation dedicated to the love of yoga, community, creativity, and soul alchemy. The teachings can be applied to both vinyasa and hatha yoga classes.
Who is this training for?
This training is for anyone who wants to deepen their practice and immerse themselves in all that yoga has to offer, not just for those seeking to teach yoga. The program offers a soulful and integrated approach to serve as the catalyst for radical change and growth in your life. You will be given all the tools you need to grow into a skillful and successful teacher of yoga as well as radically evolve your practice and transform your life. Existing yoga teachers will also benefit greatly from this 200-hour program that covers many topics not often taught in other trainings.
What to Expect
The Rasa Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training schedule is divided into 10 weekends and includes yoga practice, lecture, homework, journaling exercises, final teaching practicum and examination. The curriculum begins with a deep dive into functional anatomy and asana biomechanics, mantra, mudra and philosophy that will transform and deepen your practice of yoga. In these first few weeks, we step onto the path of transformation, and begin to gain clarity on the desires of our hearts. The second half of our training is spent on the Art of Teaching. This includes everything from creating class themes, building sequencing maps and learning to safely and intentionally give hands on adjustments, to developing your voice and what it means to step into the seat of the teacher. Through this process we learn both how to inspire ourselves and others through the practice of yoga.
Greta has been teaching yoga internationally for nearly 20 years.
She is a sincere student and deep practitioner of yoga. Greta has mentored with some of the top names in the yoga and Ayurveda world and received certification in both Anusara and Vinyasa since she started teaching in 2000. She taught yoga extensively in Los Angeles, Bangkok, Brazil and New York before moving to Seattle. Serving as the Co-Director and a lead teacher for Rasa Yoga, Greta facilitates Rasa Yoga Teacher Trainings, retreats, and online yoga lifestyle courses around the world. She has served as a consultant for a variety of wellness magazines including Yoga Journal, and continues to work closely with Sianna Sherman who is her greatest yoga inspiration. Greta’s teaching is a heart centered, empowering fusion of form and flow and she is wildly devoted to helping students reclaim their beauty, awaken deep purpose, and cultivate vibrant health through yoga and Ayurvedic lifestyle. Learn more at gretahillwellness.com
Topics Covered include (but not limited to):
- Sankalpa – crafting root intentions for your practice, teaching, and life
- Sadhana – foundational practices for a yogic life
- Vinyasa Flow – initiating creative, satisfying, inspired flows connected to breath
- Foundation & Form– intelligent alignment & key biomechanics of 108 yoga poses
- Functional Anatomy – an integrated vision of the human body & essential anatomy for yogis
- Pranayama – learn to practice and teach a wide variety of beginning through advanced breathing techniques
- Subtle Body Anatomy – demystifying Chakras, Koshas, Prana Vayus, and Nadis
- Mantras – the power of sacred sound
- Mythology – stories of the gods and goddesses from the yoga tradition that bring the practice to life and provide everyday inspiration for modern times
- Mudras – Sacred hand gestures or seals
- Bandhas – energetic locks for asana
- Yoga History & Philosophy– study key teachings from sacred texts: Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and a sample of tantric texts
- Intro to Sanskrit – basic pronunciation for asana poses and common chants
- Intro to Ayurveda – the yogic way to health and wellness
- Art of Teaching – setting class themes, voice & effective communication, demonstrations, use of music, verbal and physical adjustments and more
- Progressive Sequencing – intelligent & creative maps to sequencing
- Sacred Space– the art of holding space & creating ritual
- Coaching for Teachers – shadow work, hero & heroine’s journey, keys to confidence, wellness, abundance mentality and nutrition
- Intro to Meditation – basic techniques to cultivate a personal meditation practice
- Yoga as Sacred Activism – social justice + creating inclusive space
- Fire + Nectar Sadhanas for daily growth, transformation, + nourishment
- Business of Yoga – professionalism, marketing, creating workshops and trainings, teaching privates, building community, standing out in a crowded market
Dates: Dates subject to change
Oct 30 – Nov 1
Nov 20 – 22
Dec 4 – 6
Dec 11 – 13
Jan 29 – 31
Feb 5 – 7
Feb 19 – 21 (Off-Site Retreat)
Hours: Hours subject to change
- Fridays – 6-9pm
- Saturdays – 11am-7:30pm
- Sundays – 12:30-7pm
- Yoga Resource Practice Manual – Darren Rhodes
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – any translation
- The Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaran
- Skill in Action – Michelle Johnson
- Wheels of Life – Anodea Judith
- Dynamic Stillness – Swami Chetanananda
- Meditation for the Love of it – Sally Kempton
- Loving What Is – Byron Katie
- Spiritual Bypassing – Robert Augustus Masters
- Healing Mantras – Thomas Ashley-Farrand
- True to Form – Dr. Eric Goodman
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing – Dr. Vasant Lad
- Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff
- Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
Guest Teachers – to be announced! Past guest teachers have included:
- Sianna Sherman (Rasa Yoga Visionary)
- Sonya Genel (Anatomy + Rasa Yoga)
- Terilyn Wyre (Sacred Activism + Creating Inclusive Space)
- Claudette Evans (Intro to Sanskrit)
- And more…
Pricing + Payment:
- Early Bird: $3,095 (paid in full before Aug 3)
- Full Price: $3,400 (paid in full before Nov 1)
- Payment Plan: $3,800 ($500 deposit + 4 payments of $825 – payments 1-3 due before Nov 1, payment 4 due before Jan 11)
- Reserve Your Spot: $500 non-refundable deposit (payment deducted from final sum)
- Retreat Fee: A fee of $350 is required to cover your expenses on the offsite retreat. This fee is mandatory for all training participants and is additional to the cost of the training. (due by November 1).
Bala Yoga + Greta hill will be awarding two rise scholarships for students who wish to enroll in this training. The Rise Scholarship is specifically offered to support diversity, inclusion and equity for people of color, and/or those who are underrepresented due to their gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social class, ethnicity or socio-economic situation. Recipients of the scholarship will receive up to 50% off the full price of the training. In order to apply, you must fill out an application by July 1st, 2020. Submit Your Application Here
Training Terms + Conditions
- All final payments must be completed before course start or as outlined under the payment plan option above.
- Tuition minus deposit refundable up to 90 days prior to course start date.
- 50% Tuition minus deposit refundable if cancellation made 60 – 89 days prior to course start date.
- For cancellations made under 60 days of course commencement, payment is completely non-refundable, non-transferable.
“Greta Hill is a most Radiant Yogini, Master teacher, and Priestess. Her knowledge is both vast and deep with profound understanding how to live yoga in the whole of life. She is a true leader of community and transmits the Spirit of Yoga through her words, heart, and actions. Greta is a leading teacher of Rasa Yoga and the first initiated teacher to offer the 300-hour Teacher Training for the Rasa Yoga “Soul Alchemy” School. She is an expert guide for yoga teachers to refine their skills and step into full power with joyful authenticity. Greta has my full trust and her dedication to transformation with the “wish to grow” is a tremendous inspiration for me.” – Sianna Sherman, international yogini: visionary of Rasa Yoga & Mythic Yoga Flow; co-founder of Urban Priestess
Greta is the biggest yogi master I have ever been in the presence of in my entire yoga career or had access to for so many repeated times to learn. She is brave, knowledgeable, confident and just an ocean of unending understanding and compassion of yoga. She does all this with incredible humbleness. She certainly had far more experience or knowledge than I ever hope to have but never makes you feel like she is superior to you or better as a yogi. Instead you always get the vibe she sees herself as an eternal student of yoga and life just like you as a trainee in the program and it just makes you feel so hopeful that you are a beginner and do not need to know it all after the training. Just like Greta you are an eternal student too! There is no end point just the ever present journey. Go Greta! I just love her! – Chelsey Ocean
If something about a yoga teacher training intrigues you I encourage you to get to know Bala and Greta. These two together are an absolute perfect union. What I enjoyed was the time spent on deepening asana, prana, and yogic philosophy and how it will stretch your mind, body, and soul in ways that will soften yet build a deep resilience within you. In addition, it’s clear Greta is a soul that has dedicated her life to yoga and her love for this practice is poured out in every hour, question, and shared experience. If you are ready for an adventure, open to the unknown, and appreciate a bit of magic in your life, check out the yoga teacher training with Bala led by Greta Hill. – Susan Choi
I was already certified & teaching yoga when I took Greta’s 200-Hour Rasa Yoga Teacher Training. Even though I had already done a 200-hour, I learned and grew immensely through this process. I have a greater sense of how to hold space, and how to offer the whole of yoga in a way that feels integrated and true to myself. Greta has helped me refine my observation skills, my voice, and my understanding of students both biomechanically and energetically. I consistently feel challenged to grow under her guidance and now have many tools to offer in the classroom as well as for my own practice. The journey of yoga & teaching is never ending, and I feel very grateful to have the support of a strong, knowledgeable, and inspiring mentor like Greta. – Naomi Huober
“If you are looking for a yoga training that will fully empower you, or if you just want to refine your practice and deeply understand the teachings of yoga, I recommend you consider training with Greta Hill. Studying with Greta was a true journey of empowerment and personal growth. I have deep gratitude for Greta and for her teachings, she knows how to touch our hearts and transform our lives. Through this amazing training, Greta expresses all the love she has for yoga and teaches with her graceful personality, full of sweetness, clarity, depth and truth.” – Eduardo Monteiro, yoga teacher; Sao Paulo
“Having the opportunity to do my yoga training course with Greta Hill was simply wonderful. Greta is a very honest teacher and for this reason she passes along knowledge with very high quality, both the physical as well as spiritual components of the practice. My personal practice and teaching have become much richer by studying and practicing with her. Since 2009 I recognize her as my primary teacher and my source of inspiration. I can say that her classes are a true blend of: sweetness, precision, strength, quality, heart, integrity. I recommend her training 100%!” – Ana Paula Surita, owner of Bem Estar Wellness spa, nutritionist and yoga teacher; Brasilia
“I received my 200 hour certification with Greta in 2012 and have continued to study closely with her ever since. In addition to radically transforming my physical yoga practice and understanding the poses in greater detail, we also dove deeply into several areas of teaching, such as sequencing, theming, philosophy, and planning workshops. Greta always provided an open and safe space for us to grow. She often challenged us to turn within for answers, to cultivate not only the physical practice, but also meditation, contemplation and self-study. This allowed me to learn, explore and expand mentally, physically and creatively. I can honestly say that this training has profoundly transformed me as a student and teacher of yoga. I now have more confidence as a teacher, and I finally feel as though I am speaking and teaching from my own experience, in my own voice, from my heart.” – Marjan Harbison, yoga teacher & health coach, Panama City