Join Greta and a heart tribe collective of special guests for this opportunity to deepen your yoga practice and learn the essential skills to become a great teacher. This 200-hour training is founded in the style of Rasa Yoga and is registered with Yoga Alliance. The course provides a comprehensive foundation in the art and practice of teaching soulful and skillful vinyasa yoga, drawing from a wealth of knowledge and fundamental tools necessary to develop the heart, gifts and unique voice of each teacher. Rasa Yoga aims to guide you on the path of your own Dharma (Divine Life Purpose) with essential teaching skills, sacred wisdom and practical tools to support you on and off the mat.
What is Rasa Yoga?
Rasa Yoga is a revolutionary style of yoga that dives deeply into powerful studies that combine both the logical mind with intuitive flow, the scientific with the mystical traditions, and the conscious with the subconscious to unlock the creative energy of you. The style is a fusion of creative vinyasa flow, sacred alignment, myth, mantra, mudra, meditation, and ritual. Inspired by a deep desire to grow, Rasa Yoga is modern day yoga infused with technique, spirit and sacred intention.
Rasa Yoga was founded by internationally celebrated teacher Sianna Sherman as a platform for transformation dedicated to the love of yoga, community, creativity, and soul alchemy. The teachings can be applied to both vinyasa and hatha yoga classes.
Who is this training for?
This training is for anyone who wants to deepen their practice and immerse themselves in all that yoga has to offer, not just for those seeking to teach yoga. The program offers a soulful and integrated approach to serve as the catalyst for radical change and growth in your life. You will be given all the tools you need to grow into a skillful and successful teacher of yoga as well as radically evolve your practice and transform your life. Existing yoga teachers will also benefit greatly from this 200-hour.
What to Expect
The Rasa Yoga 200-hour teacher training schedule is divided into 10 weekends and is inclusive of practice, lecture, homework, journaling exercises, final teaching practicum and examination. The curriculum begins with a deep dive into biomechanics, mantra, mudra and philosophy that transform and deepen our experience of yoga. In these first few weeks, we step onto the path of transformation, and begin getting clear on the desires of our hearts. The second half of our training is spent on the art of teaching. This includes everything from creating class themes, building sequencing maps and learning to safely and intentionally give hands on adjustments, to developing your voice and what it means to step into the seat of the teacher. Through this process we learn both how to inspire ourselves and others through the practice of yoga.
Greta has been deeply devoted to yoga for more than 20 years. It all began in her late teens when she was feeling a little lost seeking something to soothe her soul and what she discovered was a passion for a practice that has been her source of healing, inspiration, grounding and connection ever since!
Greta has studied extensively and mentored with some of the top names in the yoga and Ayurveda world and received certification in both Anusara and Vinyasa since she started teaching in 2000. She has taught yoga extensively in Los Angeles, Bangkok, Brazil and New York before recently moving to Seattle. Greta is passionate about teaching and has been training yoga teachers around the world for over 10 years. She is a lead teacher of Rasa Yoga and leads Rasa Yoga Teacher Trainings, retreats, online yoga lifestyle courses and she has served as a consultant for a variety of wellness magazines including Yoga Journal. She continues to work closely and study with Sianna Sherman who is her biggest yoga influence and inspiration. As a result of her passion for healthy living, she also graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and went on to specialize in detoxification and Ayurveda with Dr. Alejandro Junger of the Clean Program and Cate Stillman of Yogahealer.
Greta’s teaching is a bhakti fusion of form and flow and she is wildly devoted to helping students reclaim their beauty, awaken deep purpose, cultivate vibrant health through yoga and Ayurvedic lifestyle. gretahillwellness.com
Topics Covered include (but not limited to):
- Sankalpa – crafting root intentions for your practice, teaching, and life
- Sadhana – foundational practices for a yogic life
- Vinyasa Flow – initiating creative, satisfying, inspired flows connected to breath
- Foundation & Form– intelligent alignment & key biomechanics of 108 yoga poses
- Functional Anatomy – an integrated vision of the human body & essential anatomy for yogis
- Meditation Fundamentals – learn to practice and teach 4 different meditation styles: awareness, focused concentration, self discovery/transcending & energy
- Pranayama – learn to practice and teach a wide variety of beginning through advanced breathing techniques
- Subtle Body Anatomy – demystifying Chakras, Koshas, Prana Vayus, and Nadis
- Mantras – the power of sacred sound
- Mythology – stories of the gods and goddesses from the yoga tradition that bring the practice to life and provide everyday inspiration for modern times
- Mudras – Sacred hand gestures or seals
- Bandhas – energetic locks for asana
- Restorative & Yin Yoga – restful practices for deep healing
- Yoga History & Philosophy– study key teachings from sacred texts: Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and a sample of tantric texts
- Intro to Sanskrit – basic pronunciation for asana poses and common chants
- Intro to Ayurveda – the yogic way to health and wellness
- Art of Teaching – setting class themes, voice & effective communication, demonstrations, use of music, verbal and physical adjustments and more
- Progressive Sequencing – intelligent & creative maps to sequencing
- Sacred Space– the art of holding space & creating ritual
- Coaching for Teachers– shadow work, hero & heroine’s journey, keys to confidence, wellness, abundance mentality and nutrition
- Business of Yoga – professionalism, marketing, creating workshops and trainings, teaching privates, building community, standing out in a crowded market
- Sept 7-9
- Sept 14-16
- Oct 12-14
- Oct 19-21
- Nov 2-4
- Nov 30-Dec 2
- Dec 14-16
- Jan 4-6
- Jan 11-13
- Jan 18-21 (MLK Day hours apply)
*Dates subject to change
- Fridays 6-9pm
- Saturdays 11-7pm
- Sundays 9-4pm
*Hours subject to change
- Light on Yoga – BKS Iyengar
- Yoga Resource Practice Manual – Darren Rhodes
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – any translation
- The Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaran
- Wheels of Life – Anodea Judith
- Yoga Anatomy – Leslie Kaminoff
- Dynamic Stillness – Swami Chetanananda
- Meditation for the Love of it – Sally Kempton
- Loving What Is – Byron Katie
- Spiritual Bypassing – Robert Augustus Masters
- Healing Mantras – Thomas Ashley-Farrand
- True to Form – Dr. Eric Goodman
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing – Dr. Vasant Lad
- Sianna Sherman (Igniting Magic On and Off the Mat)
- And more…Details coming soon
Pricing + Payment:
- Early Bird: $2,995 (paid in full before Jun 1)
- Full Price: $3,300 (paid in full before Sept 1)
- Payment Plan: $3,500 (4 payments of $875 – payments 1-3 due before Sept 1, payment 4 due before Dec 1)
- Reserve Your Spot: $500 non-refundable deposit (payment deducted from final sum)
Testimonials:“Greta Hill is a most Radiant Yogini, Master teacher, and Priestess. Her knowledge is both vast and deep with profound understanding how to live yoga in the whole of life. She is a true leader of community and transmits the Spirit of Yoga through her words, heart, and actions. Greta is a leading teacher of Rasa Yoga and the first initiated teacher to offer the 300-hour Teacher Training for the Rasa Yoga “Soul Alchemy” School. She is an expert guide for yoga teachers to refine their skills and step into full power with joyful authenticity. Greta has my full trust and her dedication to transformation with the “wish to grow” is a tremendous inspiration for me.” – Sianna Sherman, international yogini: visionary of Rasa Yoga & Mythic Yoga Flow; co-founder of Urban Priestess
“If you are looking for a yoga training that will fully empower you, or if you just want to refine your practice and deeply understand the teachings of yoga, I recommend you consider training with Greta Hill. Studying with Greta was a true journey of empowerment and personal growth. I have deep gratitude for Greta and for her teachings, she knows how to touch our hearts and transform our lives. Through this amazing training, Greta expresses all the love she has for yoga and teaches with her graceful personality, full of sweetness, clarity, depth and truth.” – Eduardo Monteiro, yoga teacher; Sao Paulo
“Having the opportunity to do my yoga training course with Greta Hill was simply wonderful. Greta is a very honest teacher and for this reason she passes along knowledge with very high quality, both the physical as well as spiritual components of the practice. My personal practice and teaching have become much richer by studying and practicing with her. Since 2009 I recognize her as my primary teacher and my source of inspiration. I can say that her classes are a true blend of: sweetness, precision, strength, quality, heart, integrity. I recommend her training 100%!” – Ana Paula Surita, owner of Bem Estar Wellness spa, nutritionist and yoga teacher; Brasilia “Having the opportunity to do my yoga training course with Greta Hill was simply wonderful. Greta is a very honest teacher and for this reason she passes along knowledge with very high quality, both the physical as well as spiritual components of the practice. My personal practice and teaching have become much richer by studying and practicing with her. Since 2009 I recognize her as my primary teacher and my source of inspiration. I can say that her classes are a true blend of: sweetness, precision, strength, quality, heart, integrity. I recommend her training 100%!” – Ana Paula Surita, owner of Bem Estar Wellness spa, nutritionist and yoga teacher; Brasilia
“I received my 200 hour certification with Greta in 2012 and have continued to study closely with her ever since. In addition to radically transforming my physical yoga practice and understanding the poses in greater detail, we also dove deeply into several areas of teaching, such as sequencing, theming, philosophy, and planning workshops. Greta always provided an open and safe space for us to grow. She often challenged us to turn within for answers, to cultivate not only the physical practice, but also meditation, contemplation and self-study. This allowed me to learn, explore and expand mentally, physically and creatively. I can honestly say that this training has profoundly transformed me as a student and teacher of yoga. I now have more confidence as a teacher, and I finally feel as though I am speaking and teaching from my own experience, in my own voice, from my heart.” – Marjan Harbison, yoga teacher & health coach, Panama City