This Yin Yoga Teacher Training follows the standards outlined by the Yoga Alliance for each of the 5 educational categories. Each day is a blend of a yin yoga class, meditation, presentations, and hands on exploration of the following topics:
– Techniques, Training & Practice –
Key poses of yin for legs and torso (benefits, considerations & cautions, body types, modifications, variations, sequencing)
Weaving breath, meditation, mantra and mudra into a yin class
– Teaching Methodology –
- Sequencing a yin class
- Supporting the body with and without props
- Atmosphere of a yin class – pace, vocabulary, voice, and music
- Teaching styles
- Student learning styles
– Physical & Energetic Anatomy –
- Benefits of yin
- Skeletal variation
- Understand movements of major joints (hips, knees, ankles, spine, and shoulders)
- Exploring sensation (tension, compression, opening, edges, discomfort, pain)
- How to create your unique shape
- Energy body – Eastern and Western perspectives
– Yoga Philosophy Lifestyle & Ethics –
- Origins of yin yoga
- Difference and importance of yin and yang types of activity
- Difference between Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Applying foundational mindfulness practices to yin
- Learning to listen
- Art of relaxation
– Practicum –
As a student in this program, you will have many opportunities to practice teach; starting with individual poses and concepts, and working towards longer sequences as training progresses. If you are a registered teacher with the Yoga Alliance, this training can count towards 50 hours of CEUs.
The robust manual provided has all the information needed for the course. It also includes additional resources (books, articles, videos) for those who wish to deepen their exploration of yin.
In addition to the training curriculum, this includes course materials, student record administration and private online community to stay connected and ask questions after training is done.
Training topics include:
- Understanding the foundational concepts of yin
- The origin of yin yoga
- Teaching methodology
- The physical & energetic anatomy for the poses for the lower body
- The physical & energetic anatomy for the poses for the upper body
- Mindfulness meditation as an anchor in the yin practice
- Ying/yang philosophy uncovering how traditional Chinese medicine meridian energetics can be drawn upon to enhance and balance energy.
About Leah Adams:
Leah Adams is a yoga teacher trainer, meditation facilitator, and Ayurvedic counselor grounded in ancient lineage and personal practice, integrating Yin yoga, traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic remedies, neuroscience and mindfulness. An early calling to holistic wellness rituals and the beauty of the natural world drew her path first to Ayurveda, then to an extensive array of Eastern practices and modalities.
In 4000 + hours of ongoing study guided by some of the world’s most profound teachers, including master yin yoga teachers Bernie Clark and Sarah Powers. Leah’s lifelong curiosity and extensiveness of training reflect the depth of her devotion to practice. Her true intention is to share many possible paths to well-being and inner peace, through ancient wisdom, practical knowledge, and a graceful balance between body and heart-mind.
- Early Bird Pricing: $995 (Paid in Full by May 7, 2020)
- Full Price: $1095 (Paid in Full by June 19, 2020)
- Non-Refundable Deposit: $150 to Reserve Spot in the Training
Training Terms & Conditions:
- All final payments must be completed before course start.
- Tuition minus deposit refundable up to 90 days prior to course start date.
- 50% Tuition minus deposit refundable if cancellation made 60 – 89 days prior to course start date.
- For cancellations made under 60 days of course commencement, payment is completely non-refundable, non-transferable.