Introducing The Wim Hof Method to Seattle! This technique has taken the wellness industry by storm, bringing an empowering sense of mind/body connection, breath awareness, emotional release, and increased vitality to many. Combining specific breathing techniques, cold exposure, mind-set techniques, and physical exercise, the method has been shown to give humans greater control over their autonomic nervous system, enduring extreme temperatures, and influencing ones own physiological chemistry. The method was developed over the sum of thirty years by Dutch world record holder, Wim Hof, who taught and developed the techniques out in nature. One might say that the method is similar to Tummo (inner heat) Meditation and Pranayama (yogic breathing), yet practitioners will tell you it is something else entirely.
– Intro to Wim Hof: Discuss and learn Wim Hof’s three pillar fundamentals.
– Breath Work + Mindset: Participants will learn to go deep into their consciousness through guided breath work and techniques designed to evolve and refine one’s ability to influence the autonomic nervous system, deeply experiencing one’s own physiology and chemistry.
– Physical Exercise: Practice and learn Wim Hof flexibility movement exercises.
– Cold Immersion: Participants will get to experience a cold plunge putting their newly found techniques to use.
– Snacks: Snacks will be provided.
This event is taught by Brad Buckendorf. Brad graduated the Wim Hof Academy and is a certified Wim Hof Method instructor. He is an advocate for life enrichment and enhancement through the Method and finds it to be a beautiful minimum effective dose for happiness, health, and strength. He has seen its profound effects, supercharging confidence, motivation, and goal fulfillment. Brad is passionate about implementing the principles in an easy-to-understand way and giving students practical tools for everyday use. Brad gives workshops and hosts retreats in Portland, Oregon.