Massaging your baby is easy and one of the most rewarding and loving activities you can share together. Regular massage helps to develop your infant’s brain and nervous system, improve visual acuity, and stimulate the senses. It is a testament to the power of loving touch and how it nourishes the deep bond between parent and child. Creates a bath time ritual that increases connection, helps baby sleep better and relieves gas and symptoms of colic.
You will practice several massage techniques along with specific baby movement exercises and your favorite songs that are fun for you and your baby. Learn how to use massage and essential oils to increase well being.
Please bring an extra blanket or soft towel or two for your baby to keep him/her warm and comfortable during the massage. Since we will be working with oil for the massage, an everyday blanket is best, rather than your treasured heirloom.
Part 1 Focus on the Baby
- Why Infant Massage?-Growing the Bond with our Babies
- What we’ll need for the massage
- Learning to relax our babies and ourselves
- Basic strokes, milking, rolling, combing
- A simple massage sequence
- Learning to read our babies cues
- Focus on Tummy, Digestion, Elimination & Colic Relief Routine
Part 2 Nurturing the Care Giver<?h3>
- More on learning to relax, letting go of stress – getting to calm
- Resources specifically for moms
- Recommend Essential Oils and Aromatherapy at home
- Incorporating Yoga poses for Care Giver & Baby