The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the body, which means it’s also the most vulnerable to injury. Moreover, it’s highly subject to compensation patterns that could be holding you and your students back.
Designed with yoga instructors in mind, this workshop is set to gain a deeper understanding of how the shoulder functions by combining anatomical know-how with interactive movement techniques. You’ll learn new strategies to increase articular stability and neurological control, so your shoulder moves with more ease in larger ranges of motion. Then we’ll apply these concepts to some of the yoga positions you know and love.
Amongst the topics will be:
- How to close the gap between passive and active ranges-of-motion
- Why shoulders feel “tight” and why stretching isn’t always the answer
- Ways to Improve overhead ROM and stability for inversions
- How core control ultimately determines shoulder functionality
- Ways to get more from your diaphragmatic breathing
- Suggestions for injury considerations
- Q&A with a Rehab Specialist
Join Jason Butler from Kinetic Sports Rehab to learn how to eliminate compensatory movement patterns to keep shoulders healthy for a lifetime. Space is limited, be sure to pre-register!
Where: Kinetic Sports Rehab – Fremont: 701 N 36th St. #430, Seattle, WA 98103
Bring: Yoga mat, lots of questions, and your positive vibes
**All enrollments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We are not able to make exceptions to this policy.